About Henriette Meijer
While I was working professionally as an illustrator and shoe designer I became intrigued by the world of clay and ceramics and seriously started to learn about its intricacies and characteristics.
The diversity of materials and techniques, which ‘clay’ offers, make me curious and eager to develop and create, to experiment, to study new findings and to come to final choices.
My passion for design, illustration, paint, color and clay has come together and is now one of my biggest challenges, which is to find a balance between it all.
- Academy of Arts – Minerva, Groningen, The Netherlands – textile design, art teacher
- Academy of Arts – Willem de Kooning, Rotterdam, The Netherlands – fashion stylist and illustrator
- SBB, Gouda, The Netherlands – ceramist
- Freelance illustrator and fashion/shoe stylist, teacher industrial design at the Academy of Arts Willem de Kooning
- Shoe designer/line builder Chinese Laundry – Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Developing new interests – oil painting and ceramics – working in Rotterdam, The Netherlands